Adding signatures to mail
You can automatically add a personal signature to all the messages you send. You can also use an alternate signature if, for example, you have different signatures for internal and external correspondences.
To add a signature to all messages
You can add a rich text signature to all the messages you send.
For information on digital signatures, see Encrypting and digitally signing e-mail messages in related links.
- Click File > Preferences, and then click Mail.
- Click the Signature tab.
- Select Automatically append a signature to the bottom of my outgoing mail messages.
- Enter text in the Signature field. Click the T control to add rich text features such as graphics and attachments.
- Optional: Click Append My vCard, and then change any of the information in the fields if needed.
- Optional: Click Append vCard to Signature.
- Optional: To move the vCard file to a location other than following your signature, cut and paste it to the new location.
- Click OK.
You can change the signature at any time by repeating these steps and specifying a new signature. You can remove the signature by clearing the Automatically append a signature to the bottom of my outgoing mail messages option. You can also change the information in your vCard and replace the existing version with an updated one.
To use an alternate signature
Add the signature that you use more frequently to your preferences as described in To add a personal signature to all messages. It is automatically added to all e-mails you send.
Save your alternate signature file to your computer. It must be a TXT, HTML, JPEG, bitmap, or GIF file. The file can exist anywhere on your computer, but you might want to store it in your Notes data folder for convenience.
You can use an alternate signature if, for example, you have a different signature for internal and external correspondences.
When you would like to use your alternate signature, follow these steps:
- When you start a new e-mail, the signature you specified in Mail Preferences automatically displays. Delete that signature from the e-mail message.
- Click Actions > More > Insert Signature.
- Select Import from File (Text/HTML/Image), select a file type, select your alternate signature file, and click Open.
- Click OK.